Follow the instructions below to create a Transfer Request, to transfer funds into your account from an existing retirement account elsewhere.
Note: You must also complete and sign our "Custodial Transfer Request Form" which will be provided online to download, complete and upload (step 10).
**Please be sure you have requested liquidation from your previous custodian prior to submitting this transfer request.**
1. Login to the Online Portal
2. Click on the Transfer Account button
3. Click on the New Account Transfer button
4. Complete the following fields:
- What Custodian are you transferring this account from? - Click the drop down box and choose your current Custodian
- ***If you don't see your custodian select Other
- What type of account are you transferring? - Traditional, Roth, etc.
- Which account are you transferring to? - Must be same account type (I.E. Traditional to Traditional)
- How much are you transferring? - $ Amount you are transferring -
- ***If you have selected account fees to be paid from your account, be sure you are transferring enough to cover all account fees and min balance requirements in addition to our investment amount
- Handling Instructions (optional) - Include any transfer instructions that you have been provided from the previous custodian -(Fax Number, Mailing Address)
5. Click Next
6. Do you already have a Medallion Signature Guarantee? - Answering this question will inform you if your current custodian requires a Medallion Signature Guarantee to perform the transfer. A Medallion Signature Guarantee is an additional degree of authorization required by some institutions to help prevent unauthorized transfers.
- If a Medallion Signature Guarantee is required by your current custodian to transfer funds, you would need to contact your previous custodian or financial institution to have the transfer request form stamped prior to submitting the form.
- If Medallion Signature Guarantee is not required by your current custodian to transfer funds, or you already have the Medallion Stamp on your Transfer Request Form, you can proceed with the transfer process.
7. Click Next
8. You will be prompted to answer the following questions:
- What are you transferring? - Select Cash
- *** When transferring Cash please make sure you funds are liquid before submitting the transfer request form
9. Click Next
10. Download the Transfer Request Form
Completing the Transfer Request Form:
- Section 1 - Account Holder Information
- Section 2 - Current Custodian Information
- Section 3 - Transfer Instructions
- Section 4 - Cash Handling Instructions
- Section 5 - Asset Handling Instructions
- If you are only transferring cash:
In the Asset Description section - write "CASH" as the asset
In the QTY section - if your are transferring a partial amount, input the dollar amount your wish to transfer. Input "ALL" if you wish to transfer your entire account.
- If you are only transferring cash:
- Section 6 - Print, Sign, and Date
- Section 7 - (Do not fill in) We will fill this in section as the Accepting Custodian
- Upload Completed Form
11. Click Choose File to find and upload your completed transfer request form
12. Click Next after uploading your completed document
13. Additional Paperwork - Click Choose File to upload any additional supporting documents
14. Click Next to continue
15. Review screen - Make any corrections necessary
16. Click Submit
You have successfully created a Transfer Request!
You can view the updated status in the Transfers Tab of your online account.
- The transfer request form should be sent out within 1 to 2 business days of receipt.
- When sent, the Sending Method will show how the form was sent (fax/mail)
- Please reach out to the receiving Custodian in 3 to 5 days to verify that they have received the form and are processing the request
- Once funds have arrived we will send an Email Notification and change the status to "Completed"
If you need assistance with your Transfer Request, please contact Customer Support: 866-654-6111 or email@example.com