Follow the instructions below to create a Transfer Request, to transfer an existing external IRA into your account.
1. Login to the "Online Portal"
2. Click on the "Transfer Account" button
3. Click on the "New Account Transfer" button
4. Complete the following fields:
- What Custodian are you transferring this account from? - Click the drop down box and choose current Custodian
- What type of account are you transferring? - Traditional, Roth, etc.
- Which account are you transferring to? - Must be same account type (I.E. Traditional to Traditional)
- How much are you transferring? - $ Amount you are transferring
5. Click "Next"
Do you already have a Medallion Signature Guarantee? - Answering this question will inform you if your current custodian requires a Medallion Signature Guarantee to perform the transfer. A Medallion Signature Guarantee is an additional degree of authorization required by some institutions to help prevent unauthorized transfers.
If it is required by your current custodian you will directed to complete the process prior to completing the transfer request online. Follow the instructions online to fulfill this requirement prior to creating the Transfer Request online.
If it is not required by your current custodian, or you already have the Medallion Stamp on your Transfer Request Form, you will be prompted to answer the following questions:
What are you transferring? - Choose what you are transferring "Cash" and/or "Any Other Assets"
If you are transferring any asset you will be required to complete section 5 of the Transfer Request Form. Follow the instructions online to complete and upload the form prior to submitting.
If you are only transferring cash: write cash in the "asset description box" and enter the $ amount in the "quantity or amount to be transferred" of section 5, and upload your completed Transfer Request Form
6. Click "Choose File" to find and upload your document
7. Click "Next" after uploading your document
7. Additional Paperwork - Click "Choose File" to upload any additional supporting documents
8. Click "Next" to continue
9. Review screen - Make any corrections necessary
10. Click "Finish" to submit
You have successfully created a Transfer Request! If you are still unable to create a Transfer Request after viewing these instructions, please contact Customer Support: 800-454-2649